How to Schedule Your Tweets in Hootsuite – {video}

14 Flares 14 Flares ×

Automating some of the social media for your business will save you SO much time.  It saves me so much time, and takes away the almost daily though – “what should I post today?!” It’s a very time efficient task and will only take about 1-2 hours to come up with the content and schedule it. After that – all you have to do is interact, respond, and listen to what your community is saying.

Automating some of the social media for your business will save you SO much time.<- Click to Tweet!

This method is particularly efficient when you have a pretty set social schedule. For example – let’s say you do a Wise Wednesday . Every Wednesday you post a wise quote or fact on your social media platforms. In a spreadsheet – come up with 12 of them the quotes/facts, import and schedule them into Hootsuite and there you have it – wise Wednesday content for the next 3 months! How cool is that?

Click on the video below to see how I schedule my tweets!

I hope you found this video helpful! Do you already schedule some of your social media? Yes, no? Why? Please tell me in the comments below!

14 Flares Twitter 5 Facebook 8 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 1 Email -- 14 Flares ×

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Inna December 3, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Very informative video! I thought I new something about Hootsuite, but using Google Docs, great idea. Also, I am using hootsuite only for Facebook. How can I do that thorough Facebook? Need, new video on that.

Vicky Lyashenko December 5, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Inna!

Thank you so much for your comment, dear! It’s the same concept for facebook! The only thing is Facebook is not a big fan of 3rd party schedulers so I try to schedule my Facebook updates, via the Facebook platform. It’s gotten a bit easier with their new calendar scheduler (thank God!) Thank you so much for watching and commenting! You’re the best!

Nica Mandigma December 4, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Hi Vicky! Thanks for sharing the video. I’d like to add that if you accidentally opened your downloaded CSV file in your computer, you can just save it again as CSV file. And that make sure you keep your tweets, with links or not, under 140 characters otherwise Hootsuite will say there is an error.

Inna Olimpiyuk December 9, 2013 at 4:23 pm

That’s good to know!

Vicky Lyashenko December 5, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Nica, thank you so much for watching and stopping by! You are absolutely right – I totally forgot to mention that! Thank you so much! xoxo

Margaret, Margs World February 6, 2014 at 3:22 am

OMG! This is great! I will be using this for both my blog and business. Thanks for this.